Fall Leaf Program
The Town of Merrillville has been divided into ten (10) areas for collection purposes. Please check the list of areas to determine which one you live in, so you can prepare for your scheduled weeks of collection. Leaf collection will pass through the town three (3) times this season.
Fall Leaf Collection Program Guidelines Click here to view 2018 pick up weeks
- Before your scheduled collection week, please place your leaves in a narrow pile or row, in the grassy area between the sidewalk and the curb. If your area is without curbs, place leaves within five (5) feet of the street. Please do not rake leaves into the street, also, avoid raking leaves into drainage ditches and swales.
- Do not place leaves in cans or in plastic/paper bag. Only loose leaves will be collected.
- Keep parked vehicles off the street during your collection week. We will not return to leaf piles that are passed over due to vehicle obstruction.
- If your leaves and branches are not collected immediately please be patient! We will maintain collection order all week, despite inclement weather of unforeseen delays.
- Yard waste places for collection should be free of oil waste, chemical contaminants, tree limbs, cans, rocks, bricks, garbage, or any other foreign objects and substances.